35mm adaptor + wide lens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 25th, 2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

35mm adaptor + wide lens?

hi! just wondering what is the widest lens can be attached to hv20 with brevis 35mm adaptor?
Owen Meek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Owen, how do you mean? How much of the ground glass you can fill up and then focus on with the HV20 is dependent on how much light you can reasonably send to the gg and the power of your achromat/macro. I've heard of people using 24mm primes and fisheyes. I don't have a brevis, but my static adapter does a reasonable job with a 28mm f/2.0. This might be better directed to Dennis Wood over at Alternative Imaging.
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dulay View Post
Owen, how do you mean? How much of the ground glass you can fill up and then focus on with the HV20 is dependent on how much light you can reasonably send to the gg and the power of your achromat/macro. I've heard of people using 24mm primes and fisheyes. I don't have a brevis, but my static adapter does a reasonable job with a 28mm f/2.0. This might be better directed to Dennis Wood over at Alternative Imaging.
thanks Mike!
you have answered my question thanks! i have a 28mm manual aperture lens and was wondering if it would cover the image circle of the adapter projecting..
most i see is 50mm lens, thinking maybe because it is fast & available or it plays withing the recommended field for covering the whole picture without vignette.

i'll check out the link, thank you!
Owen Meek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #4
New Boot

Ive been using the Brevis with a canon FD 28mm f2 lens and it has no vignetting. Looks great! and has barely any barrel distortion from the curved optics.
Matthew Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Major Player

I think the widest I've seen so far is Ken's clip here done with a 16mm Nikon lens.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #6
Tourist

again, probably the wrong place to ask this, but dennis but does the nikon 20mm 2.8 work OK with the brevis? I am going to getting the brevis for use with my HV 20 and already have the 20mm.

thanks, man, you are putting out some awesome gear. can't wait for the follow focus too!
Matthew Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:04 AM   #7
Major Player

The HV20 and CF1 will work perfectly with that lens. Thanks for the kind words :-)
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders