Extra battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 26th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #1
Tourist

Extra battery

I was wondering if anybody uses more than one extra battery? Besides the stock, i bought a BP2L14 but thought if i would need another one. Ebay has many on sale for pretty good prices for third party battery, so is it worth it to buy one there with a charger too.
John Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Go Cycle

Be careful with third party batteries. The pins were moved on my HV-10 due to an alignment problem. I am sticking with Canon for my HV-10

I purchased a CANON battery for my HV-20 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Nguyen View Post
I was wondering if anybody uses more than one extra battery? Besides the stock, i bought a BP2L14 but thought if i would need another one. Ebay has many on sale for pretty good prices for third party battery, so is it worth it to buy one there with a charger too.
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I got a 3rd party BP-2L14 battery (cheapest option in Pricegrabber). Seems to work OK.
Ajit Bikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #4
New Boot

I'm using extra batteries from SterlingTek, they work great and are available at a good price. I've had no problems using them in a variety of digital cameras and camcorders. They're mentioned frequently here and on other discussion groups with positive feedback.
Mark Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #5
Tourist

Do you think that having two batteries are enough to use on a regular basis? I have the stock and the BP2L14 batteries, but not sure if that would be sufficient. I haven't used the camcorder enough to know whether two batteries would be sufficient.
John Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Regular Crew

It depends on how long you are going to shoot before recharging them. For me most of the time having the stock and one BP-2L14 is enough. But I am probably going to get one more BP-2L14 just to be safe.
Ajit Bikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #7
Major Player

I get about 55min shooting time with the standard battery and about 85 min with the Canon BP 2L14. I'm using the LCD on the extra-bright setting and zoom often.
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #8
Major Player

The 3rd party on ebay get about 60 minutes (the BP-315 I think it is) for the HV10... whereas the Impact $40 one I bought gets 90 minutes...

One of the 3rd party is a little touchy and sometimes it doesn't charge... other one is perfect.

regardless I think I paid $18 for 2 of them... vs. $40 for the impact and like $80 for an "official" canon one...

I'd just grab a bunch of the cheap 3rd party ones to be honest... unless you have the spare funds...
Joe Busch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders