Underwater - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Ray. I appreciate the info and the link to the water footage. I might decide to go that route, not sure yet.

Just an FYI... the shots I'm doing are of a wedding dress floating on the top of a pool (seen from the bottom, looking up to the surface). I want the light rays to come through it and/or around it. It's a dream/nightmare of a character in a show I'm prodicing/directing later this summer.

I'm definitely going to do some test first, and I'll eventually post the footage here for folks to check out.

Thanks again for the input.

Blake
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #17
Major Player

Hey Austin how deep did you tkae under the water ? I have used my HC3 in the SPK-HCB in a pool 2 times but only too 8 ft. I have a WA lens but it does not fit by 1/4 inch. I hvae been searching for a shorter one.
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #18
Contributor

i've had it down to maybe 10-15' that's as deep as the pool i goto gets
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Sony SPK HCB Discontinued?

Hi Folks,
I just ordered one of these last week for my HV20 from B&H (based on all the info in this thread-THANKS!). As Austin said, it WILL fit with one of the stock stages, but the fit on the side where the LCD is is pretty tight. I ordered it as it was the cheapest option I could find for underwater stills for an upcoming trip to the Tahiti. (The HV20 stills on miniSD aren't too shabby!) I really had no desire to shoot video. I have since ordered an Aquapac housing for my Canon Rebel XTi (B&H as well) and called this AM to get an RMA for the Sony housing. They put me on hold as the item came up as discontinued. Luckily they are still taking it back. But now that I've been mulling it over, I am thinking of keeping it, at least for now. Anyone else hear from other vendors that this item is discontinued? Don't know if it's the manufacturer or just B&H.
Ed
Ed Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM   #20
Major Player

bouyancy?

Does the housing allow the camera to float or is it supposed to be neutral? I'm planning to take my hv20 to a river and want some protection in case it takes a drink.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM   #21
Contributor

It's slightly positive, but on mine I've put a cross bar and two uprights made out of two 10" L-brackets and with those installed it becomes slightly negative

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders