Intensity now supports HV20 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #31
Tourist

BlackMagic audio driver not working

When I install the V1.5 drivers and I restart the computer I can no longer get the audio to work when playing videos or even music.
When I go to the device manager and disable the "Blackmagic Intensity" audio driver they all work again. If I enable it again the audio stops working.

Any idea what this could be?
Augusto Areva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #32
Regular Crew

the black magic card is an audio interface. its possible that its been accidentally set to the default windows audio device. should be able to change that in the control panel.. somewhere :x

terence
Terence Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM   #33
Trustee

Blackmagic cards - both HD-SDI and HDMI Intensity - are known to make themself a default audio card after install.

Simply go to your PC's audio properties and re-assign your own audio card as default audio playback interface.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Brontman View Post
Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know if Cineform files can now be viewed on an external monitor in Premiere with Intensity 1.5 drivers? In the past, Cineform Aspect and Prospect HD could not give external timeline monitoring with Blackmagic products. If that's changed, it will be a big bonus.
Just tried it out... I could not get a cineform preset project to pass the footage over to an external monitor thru the Black Magic HDMI port...

But, when I used the Blackmagic preset in the project the timeline footage did come out of the HDMI port and the timeline was display'd fine on the external monitor ( I used a Optima projector as the external monitor)
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #35
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have yet add the Decklink line to our list of support output cards. We have only setup Intensity as a capture source through CineForm HDLink, included with all NEO, Aspect and Prospect HD/2K products. We don't yet have a good visibility on how many CineForm customers own Intensity cards, we are likely to add direct support in the future.
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #36
Trustee

I own Intensity, and I love how Cineform Aspect HD captures live HDMI video on the fly!

Just last night I did a greenscreen work, and the matte quality seemed to be better than before (before being the firewire way.)
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
We have yet add the Decklink line to our list of support output cards. We have only setup Intensity as a capture source through CineForm HDLink, included with all NEO, Aspect and Prospect HD/2K products. We don't yet have a good visibility on how many CineForm customers own Intensity cards, we are likely to add direct support in the future.
Thats good news David... one item that I thought was nice when I was testing the external monitor was that the Black Magic capture program also
has a "playback" function besides the "capture" function...

This has an added benefit in that you can capture the footage and then replay the footage to the external monitor without having to open the editor and load all of the scenes just to preview....

That option would be very nice in the HDlink...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #38
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Ray, output through Intensity within HDLink will happen before direct integration for our Premiere Tools. I'm happy to here that you can use that feature.
Old June 12th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Ray, output through Intensity within HDLink will happen before direct integration for our Premiere Tools. I'm happy to here that you can use that feature.
So im assuming Cineform will integrate Intensity Pro support for both capture and output through component and HDMI directly in Premiere soon?

When will that aprox happen? Thanx!

Hernan (a happy Cineform user, wishing to be happier)
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #40
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Do not assume, we have many many projects on our schedule, that feature is only one of them. No annoucements on delivery schedule.
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #41
Tourist

I'm very frustrated with this card.
I've re-installed the card drivers many times and it just won't capture.
I got it to work only once at the begining but when I made the intensity not the default audio card it stopped working and I haven't been able to make it work again even after I reinstalled it and let it be the default card again. There is no way to get this thing to capture anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Augusto Areva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #42
Trustee

Call Blackmagic support?

I found them to be responsive and knowledgeable.
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #43
Regular Crew

So much for Intensity in the colonies!

Just back from Mediatech, our local bi-annual trade show (broadcasting, video, audio etc). Interesting thing is that I went to the company "apparently" representing Blackmagic (or one of the Blackmagic products) --- and they had not heard of the Intensity card.
Good choice of representatives, there, Blackmagic!
I would have bought one on the spot.
Ah, well, perhaps better luck in 2 years' time.
Also noticeable by their absence was Adobe and, for that matter, Cineform.
And meanwhile the HV20's keep flying off the shelves here --- the entire South Africa seems to have gone HV20 (and HDV generally).

Carl,
Jo'burg
Carl Mischke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #44
Trustee

Intensity shows as Discontinued at B&H today.

Looks like Intensity Pro will be the only option?
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Raskin View Post
Intensity shows as Discontinued at B&H today.

Looks like Intensity Pro will be the only option?
We have definitely not discontinued Intensity.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders