Short Action test at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Short Action test

Me and a few of my friends attempted a fun little chase seen on the HV20, it was shot at either 2000 frames or 12 depending on the scene for that fast motion look. I know it's far from perfect but was fun to do.
File is an m2t

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HYAF5RWB
Kevin Borein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

did you shoot 60i or 24p and if you shot 24p did you use cinema mode or not ????
Martin Newsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I used the camera in TV mode with most of the action scenes done at 2000 shutter speed and the exposure down -1 for the "saving private ryan" look. the black and white clips were done at 12 shutter speed. for a different looking motion. I am working on a short film that will have these types of scenes thrown in all over the place and plan on using mutliple different speeds. I'll upload the whole thing when it's complete. I did all the editing in vegas and rendered it at 29 frames in HDV mode, rendering at 23 with a 2:3 pulldown cause the motion to streak a little too much.
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

k put did you shoot 24p or in 60i ??? did you shoot 24p proggresive or in 60i interlaced ???
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Newsome View Post
k put did you shoot 24p or in 60i ??? did you shoot 24p proggresive or in 60i interlaced ???
I believe this gives it away is 24p

12 shutter speed. I did all the editing in vegas and rendered it at 29 frames in HDV mode, rendering at 23 with a 2:3 pulldown cause the motion to streak a little too much.
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #6
Regular Crew

liked the video and pretty good editing the only properlem is the begining when hes walking you dont really establish the jeep chasing him when he looks back you should let the jepp get a little closer so you could see it in frame in the background, and who song is that i loved it !!!! cant wait to see the whole short keep up the good work

peace n luv

Martin
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks for the good comments, this was shot in 24p but rendered in vegas at 29 frames in the 60i hdv format. This was actually my very first attempt at any editing so it's def not the best, I am still learning alot. The song is Linkin Park - Place for my head. Hopefully we will have a few more clips togetehr i can put up soon. I am working to have about a 10 minute total short film with all music to tell the story cause the acting has been terrible lol. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Newsome View Post
liked the video and pretty good editing the only properlem is the begining when hes walking you dont really establish the jeep chasing him when he looks back you should let the jepp get a little closer so you could see it in frame in the background, and who song is that i loved it !!!! cant wait to see the whole short keep up the good work

peace n luv

Martin
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #8
Regular Crew

your welcome kevin no prop , and the song by linkin park should known i love linkin park they rule , as far you editing its look pretty damn good to me and when you say it your first time you got talent it very music video like but your choice of direction is good cause you choose a great song cause the song goes with the mood and feeling of what going on in the scene the , only proplem like said before is establishing the jeep in the background cause you dont get idea who the guys running from till later cause you dont establish the jeep in the back ground when he looks back in the begining but all and all GREAT WORK keivin keep it up cant wait to see the rest and i also must add that i like they way your telling the story with music and no dialouge that real directing not just a bunch heads talking, talking !!!!

peace n luv

Martin
Martin Newsome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders