Portable Computer for Intensity Injest? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 13th, 2007, 02:11 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Express card slot for the intensity would be great, but alas it doesn't exist. As for the LCD, I can put one in the box, but it adds quite a bit to the total. As far as I know the LCD option is a touchscreen. Keyboard is a whole other question.

Chris
Chris Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #17
Tourist

Is it possible to use the Asus XG Station and a Intensity?

I´m looking for a easy solution to record higher quality video from my hv20 when i am out on the field. I wonder if it´s possible to use Asus XG Station and switch the videocard to a Intensitycard. Or is the XG Station only to get more power on you laptop for external displays? If it worked, it would be a nice solution with a powerful laptop.

More info about the XG station.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/a...ble-250402.php
Jens Bergqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #18
Major Player

Oh, I thought you were building a portable capture device. That's just a desktop computer. unless it is battery powered and/or really small and portable its not really that much better than bringing any old computer and still being limited by the short length of hdmi cables in terms of movement...
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Yuan-Vogel View Post
Oh, I thought you were building a portable capture device. That's just a desktop computer. unless it is battery powered and/or really small and portable its not really that much better than bringing any old computer and still being limited by the short length of hdmi cables in terms of movement...
What you can say about this mini-ITX motherboard: http://ibase-usa.com/mi900.htm
Serge Victorovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I like the 4 SATA ports. Doesn't have onboard Firewire though. For a dedicated digital video capture box I'd expect to have at least one FW400 port for non-HDMI camera and/or multi-track pro-audio interface support.

Commell makes a Mini-PCI IEEE 1394A module, so that opens up a few more options besides the MSI board I mentioned before.

Lots of interesting mini-pci cards at Global American Inc. as well.
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #21
Major Player

Andrew, you can choose from a MI910 family and build a mobile (wearable) dvr-with-hdmi(component) IO.

We have good choice between:
Portable PC for dual Intensity cards with On-Air mixer, created on micro-ATX board by Chris Swartz
and Mobile solution (single Intensity card) based on mini-ITX with GM965 Intel's chipset.
Serge Victorovich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders