Must have Accessories - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 20th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo Erdic View Post
Can anyone recommend a mini tripod with a fluid head -- something that would fit in a back pack, ideally less than 15 inches long when folded and around 50 inches when fully extended? The ones around that size that I found by googling didn't have a fluid head.
Buy the legs and the head separately.
Tsu Terao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:56 AM   #17
Regular Crew

ive heard good things about the velbon videomate 607. I don't personally own one but I plan on buying one in the next couple weeks.
Adam Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Perry View Post
ive heard good things about the velbon videomate 607. I don't personally own one but I plan on buying one in the next couple weeks.
I have the Videomate 607. Works well with short focal distance, but when you go telephoto, it is very hard, at least for me, to initiate the movement. It sort of resists and then bam! gives way, so I have a jerky start. If I untighten it, it just gets too light and I cannot move it smoothly AFTER I initiate the movement.

This either happens because of my non-professional hands, or this head indeed is not the best. Don't get me wrong, for $70-80 this tripod is pretty good, but not as good as I would like it to be. Again, I am not a pro, and likely I am doing something wrong. Oh, and while this head can be bought separately, you cannot remove it from Velbon 607.

(Yeah, yeah, this is the Elura 100 shown above. I don't have HV20 yet).
Michael Jouravlev is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders