Exchange my HV20 for a new one ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 28th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Exchange my HV20 for a new one ?

Since getting my HV20, Ive loved it but been just a tad bothered by the fact footage Ive seen from others looks a bit better than mine. I went to a retailer today and using the same tape took footage of the same content to compare mine with the floor model to see if im crazy. I have posted stills of what I see. Mine is on the right the floor model on the left. For me this has been over all detail and an issue with shadows that I always thought looked not as good on my camera. Beyond my catching a bit of interlaceing on the 2nd store image........Please you be the judge and tell me if Im crazy or not.

Thank you... clayton
Attached Thumbnails
Exchange my HV20 for a new one ?-example-1.jpg   Exchange my HV20 for a new one ?-example-2.jpg  

Clayton Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

A little too hard to tell in my opinion. You have to consider whether or not the two cameras (yours and the one in the store) were set up the same way. Which program mode were you using? Which frame rate, which settings were auto and which were manual, etc.

Usually an in-store demo cam is set up in "Green Box" Easy Recording mode, but somebody might have played with it and changed it to a different mode, etc. In other words, unless you were careful to make sure that both cameras were using identical settings, then sure you'll see a difference between them.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

the same

both on Auto ..... the only difference I saw was mine was in Auto Focus (AF) the Store was in (I.AF) which is Canons super fast focus mode. Im not sure if thats it but Ill be playing around with it more today. I could be that the I.AF mode provides more focus stability and that could make an impact. Ill have to check that out. Otherwise these little cameras are amazing.

Thanks
Clayton Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #4
Trustee

Wasn't Clayton Moore the Lone Ranger? That was one of my favorite shows growing up.
Old June 30th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yep that was him and me :-)
Clayton Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders