My HV20+Digital Camera Portable Rig - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Kassovitz View Post
I'm sorry but I didn't find yet nor it seems to come up, at least online. Can you help here?

Merci!
Okay, it seems not. No worries though I'd like to get one wher'(ever) the stock is.
Mathieu Kassovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:30 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Kassovitz View Post
Okay, it seems not. No worries though I'd like to get one wher'(ever) the stock is.
Hey...sorry it took so long to respond back, but I could never find a website that had this bracket...until today. Here's a link:

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...bow-va313.html
Nathan Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Accessory Shoe Adapter

Nathan:

I'm still learning here. Does this look like it would serve the same function as the flash adapter that you have in your accessory shoe?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...t_Adapter.html

I found this L Bracket at Frys for $10 but it is too small to use on the left side of the HV20. The screen will not open all the way.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cket_with.html

I'm going to purchase the folding one on yours, instead.

Chris
Chris Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hey Chris, I've got that same bracket from Fry's and it didn't work because it was very uncomfortable to hold, but more importantly wasn't wide enough to allow the LCD to be opened and viewed. Google some of the camera stores in your area, there are plenty of other flash bracket arms that can be used I've found here in Dallas. Some at Wolf Camera, others at other camera stores. And check if you have any used camera stores in town - they are great for walking through and finding all kinds of odd accessories made and no longer made.

I originally used that Fry's bracket upside down, to where the hot shoe side of the bracket was pointing down on the left. And I had to unscrew the mounting screw and screw it in from the other side...it will work that way.

I don't think that camera adapter is a hot-shoe adapter. It looks too thick to slide into the HV20' hot shoe and seems to be a dedicated adapter for that specific model of brackets and accessories.
Nathan Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Shane View Post
Hey Chris, I've got that same bracket from Fry's and it didn't work because it was very uncomfortable to hold, but more importantly wasn't wide enough to allow the LCD to be opened and viewed. Google some of the camera stores in your area, there are plenty of other flash bracket arms that can be used I've found here in Dallas. Some at Wolf Camera, others at other camera stores. And check if you have any used camera stores in town - they are great for walking through and finding all kinds of odd accessories made and no longer made.

I originally used that Fry's bracket upside down, to where the hot shoe side of the bracket was pointing down on the left. And I had to unscrew the mounting screw and screw it in from the other side...it will work that way.

I don't think that camera adapter is a hot-shoe adapter. It looks too thick to slide into the HV20' hot shoe and seems to be a dedicated adapter for that specific model of brackets and accessories.
Nathan:

I agree it is terribly uncomfortable. Instead of having the handle on the left side (because it won't fit), I have it coming out the rear of the camera. It is better than nothing, but just bearly.

I ordered the folding one off bugeyedeal. Also, I don't really have the luxury of visiting any 2nd hand camera shops in my area right now as my wife is about to give birth. And the Wolf Camera stores in this area are all very small and have no selection what-so-ever. I've been to two and they had the same "L" flash bracket that I found at Frys only it was $14 instead of $10.

Thanks for your help! After our new daughter is born I will look up some pre-owned shops and finish up my rig.
Chris Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM   #21
Major Player

That's a classic. I love it. Keen to try something like that myself now.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders