XA10 Praise! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Major Player

XA10 Praise!

Just a note. If you are on the fence about getting an XA10, go for it. I love my little guy!
Old September 30th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: XA10 Praise!

Well, for all my talk about the camera in the comparison thread, I am terrified of using it tomorrow for a wedding. My GH2s capture great images, and I have no idea how it will stack up.

I've used it for a total of about 15 minutes, and it was in low light, and it did fine, extremely clean images in low light, but the lighting conditions were so bad that even my GH2 looked dingy, so I have no reference point. Not a good way to learn a camera. I have the settings down for now, and I'm going to try and run my faster lens at no more than F/2 or so to keep all things more equal.

Anyway, the XLR inputs are a VERY good thing, and invaluable, IMO. Tomorrow I'll have a shotgun and wireless on the same camera, and that is worth a lot to me. I haven't had that feature in a cam in a long time.
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Awesome Jeff, let us know how it goes.
Old October 1st, 2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Wrangler

Received my XA10 this past week. First impressions is that I like the image, but am not too keen on the touch screen idea, at least for my fingers I have not yet developed the "touch" to make it play fast and reliable. (I have a similar gripe about the TN700 I used a few times.

The stilus does much better.Would rather have buttons and cursor control as on the HV40. Also there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out where the setting and adjustments are. Need to spend more time with it. My main camcorders have been XH-A1 and before that XL1 and L2 with GL1 and HV20/40 for B roll and capture.

Then, maybe I am just getting old. But probably should have gotten a XF100, except for the cost.
Old October 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Don, don't know how you'll be running, but I'm running in program mode for my wedding today, so while everything is on auto, I still have white balance and gain control, which is the main thing for me.

The menu is daunting at first, but after a few hours of playing with it, broken up into a few sessions, it's fine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders