New battery XA10 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old January 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: New battery XA10

I have a HF-G10 that runs fine with this extended life battery:

Canon BP-827 Fully Decoded Compatible Battery | L.A. Color Online

I have also used Taki's batteries on HV20 and HV40 cameras with no trouble.
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #17
Major Player

I agree with those saying stick with the Canon batteries. While a number of people have done fine with alternatives, that is not always the case. Why take a chance?
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #18
New Boot

Thanks for the link Chip.

So you get full battery info, remaining time as well as the battery indicator?
Mark Ormesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #19
Major Player

I disagree with those who say to avoid the "knock off" batteries. For those who are on a tight budget they are a dream. You can get 10 knock off batteries for the cost of one Canon in some instances! Who cares if you cant read the info. 10 batteries. Just change it out. If you even think you may be running low just change it. You have 10 batteries!

When you want to step up your game my humble opinion is still not to buy the Canon batteries. I would buy a knock off Canon battery adapter that plugs into the wall ($15). And for when you need portability pick up some used Anton Bauer Dionic 90's(you'll probably only need one).and an adapter/gold plate,etc.

In the end it's whatever works best for you. That just happens to be what works best for me.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #20
Regular Crew

It functions like a Canon branded battery. I try to carry replacement components for anything that could fail, so I have a 2nd charged battery on hand in the field. I also have power supplies and extension cords with me and can get the equipment powered that way. On the mud bog shoot this past summer (over 5 hours) I plugged into an APC SmartUPS 750 for the last hour, while the 2nd camera op was charging his other battery with a cigarette lighter adapter to keep going.

It just annoys me to pay 3 or 4 times as much for the branded extended charge battery from Canon.

Last edited by Chip Gallo; January 17th, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add details
Chip Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #21
Major Player

The Wasabi batteries you can buy from Amazon work just fine with all the memory and battery feedback. Plus you get the nice wall charger that also works in the car (nice bonus).
Old January 21st, 2012, 04:12 AM   #22
Major Player

I purchased TWO of the Wasabi batteries via Amazon for my XA10..works perfectly so far. I can't say how they will hold up over time, but others on the forum have been using them for a long time.

good luck,
Jeff
Jeff Hinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders