Shots you got with the XA10 you wouldn't have gotten with another cam.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old December 29th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Shots you got with the XA10 you wouldn't have gotten with another cam..

Anybody care to list some of the shots you were able to get with your XA10/G10 you might not have been able to get with another cam? For me it's probably some Airport shots (no handle or shade) in foreign airposts I would have attracted too much attention with my larger cam. There were a few hiking shots I wouldn't have taken my larger cam. Anyone have a story or two to share?
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Shots you got with the XA10 you wouldn't have gotten with another cam..

Hmm, I think you probably need to qualify that a bit more as in shots you wouldn't have got with another camera with the same output quality.

But saying that, I've come from an DSLR background, and you can pretty much get one of those cams anywhere with just as good if not better quality.
Mark Ormesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Wrangler

I think you need to specify the "another cam" for a give shot. While the XA10/G10 provides an arguably unique combination of capabilities at its price point, any given capability can probably be matched by another camcorder at some, perhaps much higher, price.
Old January 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Major Player

I think they're referring to the fact that the camera is light and fairly small and can get into tight places.
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Goodsell View Post
Anybody care to list some of the shots you were able to get with your XA10/G10 you might not have been able to get with another cam? For me it's probably some Airport shots (no handle or shade) in foreign airposts I would have attracted too much attention with my larger cam. There were a few hiking shots I wouldn't have taken my larger cam. Anyone have a story or two to share?

I will be takng mine on a hike to Mt. LeConte Lodge (Smoky Mountains) this summer.
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders