Canon HF M400 vs Sony CX550 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon HF M400 vs Sony CX550

Hello,

I have been a Sony user for video cameras for a long time, however now im having to choose a consumer camcorder for some web interviews. I purchased a Sony CX550v and love the interface, picture quality and lcd screen, however this camera fails in the audio department.

On another section of this forum, some users have recommended the Canon Vixia HF M400/M500 camcorders as a possible alternative since they have manual audio controls somewhat and no automatic gain control. Just wondering how people here find the HF M400 series of camcorders, especially vs the CX550v if possible. The HF M400 looks a bit more consumer than I would like to go to without a manual control knob, and I don't particularly love the canon interface that I have used on the HF G10, but I could buy 2 HF M400 cameras for just a little bit under the price of 1 CX550v so definitely something I could learn to like.

My videos are only for showing on youtube so the HF M400 is probably good enough but just wondering the reviews on it from people who have them.

Thanks
Mark
Mark Chafe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders