Removing time stamp on XA10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old April 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Removing time stamp on XA10

I got home late last night to review the first footage through my TV and the time stamp is in the bottom right hand corner. I've been searching through the manual and I can't find where you can turn this off.

Would someone be so kind as to direct me to the menu that does this?

On a side note ... I would just like to say that the remote control for this camera is the biggest piece of junk I've ever seen. Other than that ... I rather liked the images my wife got last night.
Scott Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Removing time stamp on XA10

On the playback screen, touch Menu->Tool Tab. Turn Output Onscreen Displays to Off.
Kawika Ohumukini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Scott, I shot a wedding yesterday, and I'm so glad I got a second XA10. The images are stunning, really. I'm shooting in 24p and it is gorgeous.

The dance footage of the reception was gorgeous, I can't wait to edit the wedding. I'm very happy with the XA10.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Jeff,

How do you use the 2nd XA10? I'll likely be shooting solo on many occasions (sporting events, weddings, etc.) and wondering how best to use my DSLR alongside the XA10. Thanks.
Kawika Ohumukini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Kawika, yesterday I used the XA10 as my main cameras for the ceremony, and I used two GH2s. I used one XA10 down front and the other in the rear on the main floor. It was a cathedral, and I really should have been in the balcony, but they couldn't unlock the door.

Kawika, I'm not a good one to ask, because I'm still figuring things out, but I'm thinking of sticking with them as my main cameras. The zooms are just critical for wedding work for me, because I'm usually alone. I had help yesterday, so I had a shooter by the door to catch the processional there with a 12mm lens handheld, and I used a 25mm w/ a GH2 stage right down, front right off to the side to catch things from various angles, It worked out pretty well.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:49 AM   #6
Wrangler

How and where to use a second XA10 (or other camcorder for thet matter) in a one-man shoot will depend on the venue and its rules and available lines of sight/fields of view and the action. You do what works for getting the best available footage. There is no one best placement that fits all situations. (Well a helmet camera on the precher might provide some interesting views.)

Last wedding I shot had the XA10 locked down to the right of the alter shooting the bride and groom (and back left side of the preacher, alter candles, parents, and aisle. I had a manned XH-A1 at the back of the church capturing wireless mic sound to capture zoomed in shiots, etc.

Since the final product was DVD, i was able to "zoom in" x2 with the NLE on lighting the unity candle, bride hand-off, etc. without objectionable loss of quality

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders