If I shoot in automatic on the XA10, does that mean I can only shoot in 60i? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old September 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

If I shoot in automatic on the XA10, does that mean I can only shoot in 60i?

I've been using the automatic setting with my new XA10? I was hoping to use it to match footage for a projec tI already started in 24p. But it seems automatic only gives you 60i. Two questions:

1 - Is there anyway to not shoot 60i in the automatic setting?
1 - If I can't change it, will this be a problem, using FCP, matching 60i and 24p?
Noam Osband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: If I shoot in automatic on the XA10, does that mean I can only shoot in 60i?

Run in Manual mode, go into menu and select the 24p option. You'll see you can choose what to run manually and what to run automatically. It's very simple. White balance, etc., all have auto settings or custom settings, you'll be very happy.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: If I shoot in automatic on the XA10, does that mean I can only shoot in 60i?

Noam,

It is true that in the fully automatic setting the XA10 only records in 60i. However the manual setting is misleading because within it there are several settings that automate pretty much like the auto setting everything but one or two things.

I highly recommend a new book that came out this summer called "A Field Guide To the XA10 and HG10". It cost about $25 and is worth every penny. It will answer your questions here and more.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders