XA10 card in Premier Pro (capture) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old May 14th, 2015, 10:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XA10 card in Premier Pro (capture)

New computer, new software... i'm in the lower portion of the learning curve again. LOL.

I'm trying to get to the video files that I captured with an XA10 that I rented. I've saved the entire card to my external drive. I've watched the Lynda.com tutorials and there must be something simple that i'm missing. premier pro is telling me its not a supported format when I try to import.. ok, used media browser and it's not recognizing it as a readable format.... still just shows the Card folder and subfolders.

Mac 10.10.3 new macbook pro plenty of ram
Adobe Premier Pro version 8.
XA10

I've used the XA10 with my last apple MacBook Pro and Final Cut 6 and I logged and transferred.

What am i missing?
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: XA10 card in Premier Pro (capture)

Are you using AVCHD or MP4 files? There should be no problem with either if you have copied the ENTIRE card file structure to your hard drive.

Do you have the Pixela Data Input Utility that Canon supplied with the camera? I find that much more convenient than copying the entire card contents, and I have never had any problem since I started using it.

The latest version, available for download from Canon allows you to change the file names to something more logical than the arcane system the camera uses.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: XA10 card in Premier Pro (capture)

I rebooted and now it's reading it... LOL

Thanks for the help anyway.
thank you
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders