French review Canon XF305 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old May 11th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #16
Major Player

OK, I'm feeling normal again!

Thanks Chris!

Regards,

/Bo
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #17
Major Player

I have just completed a set of tests of gain settings for XF305, XHG1s and EOS5D Mark II - all of a GretagMacbeth / XRite SG Color chart. it is going to take a while to upload the files(!), but will make a start on this shortly. Clips will be native .mxf / HDV / h.264

The XF305 gain settings were tested from -6 to +33db. +21dB looked very clean while I was shooting it. All files from this camera are pre-production and subject to change.

Nick
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #18
New Boot

I'm following these test threats of the new Canon closely because I'm looking for buying a new cam this year. What I didn't found until now how the camcorder handles with rolling shutter, especially situations of fast panning and flash lights.
Philip Pierloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Philip, you can download raw clips with "rolling shutter" and "flash" tests: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf...sony-ex1r.html
Hope it's help.
Ivan Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I somehow missed this review when first researching these two cameras. From the photo, it looks like they were comparing against the EX3 and not the EX1R so it misses the improvements Sony made to the handgrip, cache recording up to 15 seconds and double tripod mounting screws for strength.

I think the updated image quality tests make it easy to see the difference between the 1/3" 4:2:2 50mb approach versus the 1/2" 4:2:0 35mb approach. But a few things did get lost in the translation:

"The first thing you must absolutely say about these cameras is that they really mouth. The objective is molded in the shell but it is remarkably impressive."

"Canon is also manufacturer of glass, I think we were likely to wait on this point. I will detail below those elements but when unpacking it throws up."

"Remember that movie soon the question is posed differently: whatever the size of the film, the sensitivity is equal, by cons is the resolution that is proportionate to the size of the sensitive area, the components of the sensitivity being fixed size, that of a silver salt."
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders