Interval Recording - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #16
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Sundvall View Post
Can it be so that it's possible to use 1, 3 or 6 frames if a PAL XF100/XF300 is in another mode than P mode , that is in any interlaced modes, even if the manual doesn't say so, or are there differences between PAL and NTSC models as described in the manual?
I did loop through the 50i frame-rate settings last night and they are indeed as the manual states: 2,6 and 12. Hmm.
Clint Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #17
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Sundvall View Post
Actually, the same type of "limitations" is described in the manual for the EX1R. /Bo
But the advantage of the EX1R is that every one of them can do both NTSC and PAL. So if you can't do the interval shooting you want with PAL, then you could shoot it in NTSC and convert in post. Easy. In this day and age I don't really understand why Canon chose to have separate NTSC and PAL models. A pure marketing decision.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Watt View Post
I did loop through the 50i frame-rate settings last night and they are indeed as the manual states: 2,6 and 12. Hmm.
I normally use 50i mode due to what I film and have not been able to find a way of doing anything other than 2 frames minimum.

Like Doug says it's a shame you can't switch between PAL and NTSC with the XF300.
Andy Solaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
I don't really understand why Canon chose to have separate NTSC and PAL models. A pure marketing decision.
They can sell the unlock feature that enables the camera to shoot both NTSC & PAL.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders