DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   When will the XF 100 be readily available to buy online in the US? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/492852-when-will-xf-100-readily-available-buy-online-us.html)

Sam Young March 9th, 2011 08:31 AM

When will the XF 100 be readily available to buy online in the US?

Hello folks,

I currently have the JVC HM100, I love the FCP workflow, SD cards, small size. The problems are its controls are a total joke, none of the buttons are in the right places, zoom/focus ring and zoom rocker is a pain to use (no consistency), it is very noisy in low light, but I have adjusted to it and I can get by just fine (I mainly shoot auto because the buttons for manual settings is so inconvenient).

However, after playing with the XF 105 tonight at a store here in Hong Kong, I am flabbergasted at the size, the layout of the camera, controls, buttons, LCD screen etc, being able to use 7200mah batteries (I travel a lot, doing run and guns) and decent ease of use with FCP. The only slight downside compare to the HM100 is the viewfinder, I must admit I like the viewfinder on the HM100 better. I quickly fell in love with the XF 100/105, if only the HM100 had a similar layout...I am preparing to sell my HM100 to a friend, the XF 105 is a much better buy in the long run I believe. I am not banking on JVC to offer a better version of the HM100..

However, the prices in Hong Kong for the XF 100 is $900USD more expensive than the price tag at B&H. So I am definitely buying it in the US, I will stop by in the US in late March for two weeks. And also for almost two months in mid May. Will the XF 100 be in stock by then? I need to have a camcorder( I have no other camcorder besides the HM100, which I will sell) by July.

Thanks for any input!

Sam

Zaid_Malaika March 12th, 2011 08:57 PM

Re: When will the XF 100 be readily available to buy online in the US?

The XF100 is available now at amazon,

Sam Young March 12th, 2011 09:05 PM

Thank you zaid, i just saw canon had seven of them in stock as well. I have since decided to wait and buy it here in hong kong in Pal standard, since all my jvc hm100 footage was shot in 50p, i wont havr to deal with crazy conversions etc. I dont want to pay the 500usd toupgrade to pal.

Fornthose of you wanting a ntsc xf100, here is the link

Paul Owens March 19th, 2011 10:38 PM

I need to get an XF100 and the rest of my gear by this weekend. Does anyone have them in stock? There's 1 on Amazon, but I'm wondering if there are any others around.

Thanks!

Tim Bakland March 20th, 2011 06:20 PM

Amazon shipped immediately for me. I was sorry to have to cancel my B&H photo order. They were embarrassed it was taking so long and they said they completely understood the need to go to Amazon.