When will the XF 100 be readily available to buy online in the US? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

When will the XF 100 be readily available to buy online in the US?

Hello folks,

I currently have the JVC HM100, I love the FCP workflow, SD cards, small size. The problems are its controls are a total joke, none of the buttons are in the right places, zoom/focus ring and zoom rocker is a pain to use (no consistency), it is very noisy in low light, but I have adjusted to it and I can get by just fine (I mainly shoot auto because the buttons for manual settings is so inconvenient).

However, after playing with the XF 105 tonight at a store here in Hong Kong, I am flabbergasted at the size, the layout of the camera, controls, buttons, LCD screen etc, being able to use 7200mah batteries (I travel a lot, doing run and guns) and decent ease of use with FCP. The only slight downside compare to the HM100 is the viewfinder, I must admit I like the viewfinder on the HM100 better. I quickly fell in love with the XF 100/105, if only the HM100 had a similar layout...I am preparing to sell my HM100 to a friend, the XF 105 is a much better buy in the long run I believe. I am not banking on JVC to offer a better version of the HM100..

However, the prices in Hong Kong for the XF 100 is $900USD more expensive than the price tag at B&H. So I am definitely buying it in the US, I will stop by in the US in late March for two weeks. And also for almost two months in mid May. Will the XF 100 be in stock by then? I need to have a camcorder( I have no other camcorder besides the HM100, which I will sell) by July.

Thanks for any input!

Sam

Last edited by Sam Young; March 9th, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
Sam Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: When will the XF 100 be readily available to buy online in the US?

The XF100 is available now at amazon,
Zaid_Malaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you zaid, i just saw canon had seven of them in stock as well. I have since decided to wait and buy it here in hong kong in Pal standard, since all my jvc hm100 footage was shot in 50p, i wont havr to deal with crazy conversions etc. I dont want to pay the 500usd toupgrade to pal.

Fornthose of you wanting a ntsc xf100, here is the link

Sam Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I need to get an XF100 and the rest of my gear by this weekend. Does anyone have them in stock? There's 1 on Amazon, but I'm wondering if there are any others around.

Thanks!
Paul Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Major Player

Amazon shipped immediately for me. I was sorry to have to cancel my B&H photo order. They were embarrassed it was taking so long and they said they completely understood the need to go to Amazon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders