DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   XF300 availability? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/497076-xf300-availability.html)

Denny Kyser June 12th, 2011 05:57 PM

XF300 availability?

I see BH is still out of stock on these camera's, are these available anywhere or just that hard to come by?

Looks like I may be adding a second XF305 or an XF300, and not sure how hard they are to come by.

Larry Becker June 12th, 2011 07:48 PM

Re: XF300 availability?

When I was at the filmtools.com store a week ago they had some stock. They seem to be a great resource. I was really impressed, and their price is 4% or so under list. I couldn't tell if they had one in stock, but they're woth a call. I believe they (Jim?) are on this site sometimes and always offer helpful advice. When I got mine they only had a floor model and I ended up at Samy's in Culver City, CA,, but they had only one.

The supply will probably open up soon...

Graham Bernard June 12th, 2011 08:15 PM

Here's been my experience. I've been in direct telephone communication with 4 west London (UK) professional kit suppliers, 3 are members of our Institute of Videography, and ALL have the XFs on back order. 2 of them admit to late August or September at the earliest. PLUS I've also had a major camera hire company research for me of one of the suppliers and he was told the same back order situ.

None of this comes even close to the issues that that part of World, Japan, are still having to go through.

Grazie

Jim Martin June 13th, 2011 11:41 AM

Denny-

In talking with Canon, it looks like 300s will not be in stock until the end of the month at best. I might have an answer for you so give me a call.....

Jim Martin
FilmTools.com
818-845-8066

Martin Campbell June 15th, 2011 08:43 AM

just bought from these guys. Ordered last thursday - arrived on tuesday! Very good service. They admitted to finding it difficult to get supplies too though. Thoroughly recommend them.

Hdew

Sunny Singh June 16th, 2011 02:59 PM

Hi Jim,

I don't mean to derail the thread but while I have you, do you have any info about the availability of the XF 100? I know that every place has them on back/pre order, but I bit the bullet and placed an order with you guys today. I figured waiting to order wouldn't make the thing ship any sooner! The customer service rep told me the units trickle in. How frequently have they trickled in for you? On the order of weeks or months?

Thanks in advance!
Sunny

Jim Martin June 18th, 2011 11:34 AM

There should be more XF100s after July 1st.....what my sources tell me.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com