On Demand Stock Video Sources? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old June 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM   #1
New Boot

On Demand Stock Video Sources?

I am aware of the bigger stock video sources. I've looked for some specific things, but am not finding exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any site (yet) where I can say "I need 30 minutes of video of a beach at sunset with people packing up their stuff and I'm willing to pay $200 for it"?

I'm in Utah so there are some shots I can't get. Another example of something I'm actually looking for is video of a rough diamond, the same diamond being cut, and after the diamond is cut and ready for mounting.

Is anyone aware of this type of site or service?

Jerry

Last edited by Jerry Winters; June 21st, 2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: redundant word
Jerry Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: On Demand Stock Video Sources?

I assume you mean 30 sec. and not 30 min. If so then try here Beach Sunset People Stock Video Footage, Sound Effects and Music
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:39 PM   #3
New Boot

I mean 30 minutes. Or perhaps 1 hour. Or maybe an hour and a half. Whatever the need is.

Another example: let's imagine I need video of people going into a specific theatre in New York City. I could fly to NYC and take the video myself or if there were such as website, I could say "I need 1 hour of video of Theatre X in New York City between 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM and i can pay $300 for it". People with the right equipment could be on the site, see the post, then respond stating they can do it, with examples of other video they have taken, etc. I would then select someone, they would shoot it, I would pay them, and get the specific video I need.

Am I making sense? This website may not exist. I understand that. But it may and I may be (probably am anyway) ignorant.

Jerry
Jerry Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM   #4
New Boot

At the same time, I live near Salt Lake City, Utah. Someone may post saying they want 1 hour of video of a sunset with the Salt Aire building in the foreground, sunset over the Salt Lake in the background. I could grab my gear, head out, and make a little money with very little inconvenience on my part.

Jerry
Jerry Winters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders