The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the XF? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old November 11th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the XF?

Hi guys,

B&H has those CF cards for $89 right now, so I will grab one or two. Canon says it works with the XF, I just want to confirm with you guys in case I read anything wrong. Thanks! :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646870-REG/SanDisk_SDCFX_032G_A61_32GB_Extreme_CompactFlash_Memory.html
Sam Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the

Works fine here but have not tested for a full card yet or relay recording but can't see why they should have probs Sam. The price has been coming down recently here too in the UK.
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the

Thanks Alan, I will place the order soon. Still deciding on a 64gb though.. it is $239 on Amazon (sold by Adorama).
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Sam,
I'm using 2 x 32 gig Sandisk Extreme cards with my XF300. Bought these for the XF100 & they work fine, no problems.
Regards,
Doug.
Doug Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Using 4 of this nice Cards all working with no Problems.
The Cards also come with a Bonuscard
Free Download for Rescure Recovery Software.
Perfect !
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thank you guys!

One more question, do any of you use 64gb cards? Or do you mostly stick with 32gb to save costs and not "put all the eggs in one basket"?

Thanks!
Old November 12th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Yes i got one Transcend 64 GB 400x
i only use i one time in the past, works also.
Old November 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #8
Wrangler

I have a pair of Sandisk Extreme Pro (90MB/s) in each XF. I then have the choice of 160+ minutes of dual-card recording (so all the eggs are duplicated in TWO baskets!) or being able to record for 320+ minutes without having to touch a CF card in the field. I've been using that particular brand/model of card since April and haven't had a glitch yet and using USB3 can offload an entire shoot in minutes. (So glad to put tape in the rear view mirror!)

Pricey way to go, but as capacities and speed of new cards increase with the passage of time, I simply repurpose older cards to the less demanding roles. The 32GB card goes to the 5DmII and a once-mighty 4GB card (rated at a now-paltry 15MB/s) lives in an M-Audio MicroTrack II, giving me around 4 hours of 24bit/96kHz stereo recording on that device.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Nice Coment @ Pete ;-)
Quote:
and using USB3 can offload an entire shoot in minutes.
how can we do this ?
Cardreader ? i was looking for it, but not found the right one, i think..
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Transcend makes USB 3.0 card readers, as well as other companies, Lexar, etc, I wish I can use USB 3.0, but I have a Mac... :)

Lexar USB 3.0 reader:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754869-REG/Lexar_LRW300URBNA_Professional_USB_3_0_Dual_Slot.html
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #11
Regular Crew

THX a lot !
In US its more cheaper .....
Here we have to pay around 50 €
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #12
Regular Crew

I love Hong Kong/ USA, no VAT.. :)
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #13
Regular Crew

USB 3 readers, etc...

I added an SIIG brand USB 3 interface card that gave me 2 slots, then added a Delkin USB 3 card reader and Seagate 3 TB USB 3 external drive. Just to see if it would work, I got a USB 3 hub from LaCie - it works really well, too. MUCH MUCH faster than USB 2, and really the only way to go with these cards.

Larry
Larry Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Young View Post
Transcend makes USB 3.0 card readers, as well as other companies, Lexar, etc, I wish I can use USB 3.0, but I have a Mac... :)
I have a Mac Pro & a 17" MacBook Pro & use the Lexar USB3 dual CF/SDHC card reader in both of them. For the MBP I have an

& for the Mac Pro I have installed a

Both work very well.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Thanks Nigel, have you ever gotten kernel panics from either of them?
Sam Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders