DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   how to make wireless remote controller work???!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/503313-how-make-wireless-remote-controller-work.html)

Malcolm Hamilton December 5th, 2011 09:49 PM

how to make wireless remote controller work???!!!

A couple months ago, I found the answer to this question, re the little wireless remote controller, on this forum. It was something like: hold down two buttons on the controller, and it will suddenly become operative. But search as I might, I can't find that answer today.
Would someone be so kind as to tell me the secret to making this little unit work?
(the Canon user manual doesn't bother to reveal this rather key piece of information).
Regards,
Malcolm

Doug Jensen December 5th, 2011 10:11 PM

Re: how to make wireless remote controller work???!!!

As is discussed in my XF305/300 training DVD, one of the thirty possible Assignable Button functions is to turn on/off the remote control. The setting is called "WIRELESS CONTROLLER" Are you sure you have it turned on?

Mastering the Canon XF305/300 Camcorders training DVD

Malcolm Hamilton December 5th, 2011 10:48 PM

Hi Doug,
Yes I've got that turned on in my camera menu.
As I recall, it was a post two or three months back that said you had to hold down a button (or a couple of buttons) on the remote itself... long enough for the unit to kick in.
I've got the XF100, by the way, in case it makes a difference.
Thanks for the reply, by the way.
It's one of those things. I can get by without it, so it's not all that urgent. But it's weird to have something that just doesn't seem to work without some little bit of voodoo.
Regards,
Malcolm

Mike Ayotte December 6th, 2011 11:58 AM

Hi
There is a little button on the top left of the unit. you must hold down that button & the Zoom button for zoom. To record hit the Start/ Stop button & the little button . I would also check that the battery is installed with the proper polarity& that it is fully charged.

Regards
Mike

Malcolm Hamilton December 6th, 2011 05:44 PM

Hi Mike,
I don't have my XF100 with me now (I'm at the airport on my way home from a shoot), but I really appreciate the post. I'd forgotten this information (either the wireless remote buttons aren't intuitive, or I'm not).
Thanks again,
Malcolm

Paul Osborne October 20th, 2023 07:06 AM

Hi - yes it is 12 years ago, but please can anyone confirm that the XF100 or XF105 does work with the wireless remote WL-D89? I have both in front of me and no matter what secret button(s) press combination I try I still can't get the remote to operate the camera. Yes - I have enabled Wireless Controller in the XF105 menu. Yes I can see the IR led is flashing as I press the remote buttons. Is there any other secret initiation I have to perform? Google results in nothing.

The "press the top left button and zoom" seems a bit vague to me as that is marked Start/Stop and so how can you "..to record hit the Start/ Stop button & the little button" if the button itself is start/stop?