DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   XF100 - Sunrise & Sunsets (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/503723-xf100-sunrise-sunsets.html)

Bob Thompson December 19th, 2011 05:17 PM

XF100 - Sunrise & Sunsets

I have been taking the small XF100 out camping a lot lately, it is permorming well and enjoyable to use.

The quality is astonishing. This is part of my last weekend trip

Bob

Sam Young December 20th, 2011 05:01 PM

Re: XF100 - Sunrise & Sunsets

That is beautiful footage Bob! Did you use a denoise filter for the shots? I do not see any noise!

I am currently in Hong Kong as well.

Bob Thompson December 20th, 2011 05:09 PM

Sam, i have done no color correction on any of these shots and i don't own any de-noise software. The quality is just great from the camera

Bob

Steve Bowman January 20th, 2012 10:16 PM

Re: Hong Kong Canon Dealers

any suggestions on a reputable dealer - Canon XF 300 purchase while in Hong Kong Steve

Michael Kraus January 20th, 2012 11:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that was some really great footage! However I have to admit that the floating scarf dog angel thing was incredibly distracting...

Michael Fousie January 23rd, 2012 06:20 PM

Seems I've seen this video before. I have to agree....as cute as the dog is, it doesn't help your video because of the placement, size and distraction.
Still a lovely video image.

Bob Thompson January 30th, 2012 04:45 AM

Michael, You hit the nail on the head, my footage has been flogged all around the internet and there is little one can do to stop it except I suppose , just don't post on the internet. This footage was shot on the 10th and 11th of December 2011 but since being posted on Vimeo, it is appearing on sites worldwide and these sites are posting ads besides the video. The Vimeo setting are that the video can only be played on Vimeo but this unfortunately doesn't stop people putting it up on their sites.

To prevent people illegally downloading the video I have placed the watermark and a title on the video and unfortunately I will continue to do this until websites stop illegally showing other peoples videos.

Bob

PS: Steve I doubt if you will find the XF300 in any store in Hong Kong, only at Canon HK

Eric Olson January 31st, 2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Thompson (Post 1712280)
To prevent people illegally downloading the video I have placed the watermark and a title on the video and unfortunately I will continue to do this until websites stop illegally showing other peoples videos.

You might consider putting a copyright notice at the beginning and/or end of the video. Something like

(c) 2011 by Bob Thomson. This video is licensed only for non-commercial personal viewing from the Vimeo interactive video streaming website. All other rights reserved.

While not as cute as the dog, this would make the terms of your copyright license clearer.

Bob Thompson January 31st, 2012 07:09 AM

Eric, Thanks for the suggestion, I will consider doing that next time

Bob

Tom Gresham January 31st, 2012 07:26 AM

Bob, I don't have any problem with the dog. I understood immediately that it was a watermark to protect your property.

There are thieves everywhere, and amazingly, many of them don't think of themselves as thieves as they use your property without paying for it.

You must protect your videos.

Bob Thompson February 1st, 2012 06:28 AM

Thanks Tom for the support.

Bob