Recording broke into segments MXF packets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old February 19th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Tourist

Recording broke into segments MXF packets

Need help - recorded for 1 hour straight with my XF300 and when i downloaded files off my card i had 10 MXF packets making up that hour - why the segmentation? shouldn't i have just 1 packet? each packet was exactly 5:13 in length... thanks in advance - steve
Stephen Hulbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Recording broke into segments MXF packets

I work in Avid MediaComposer 5.5 and there is no problem with this segmentation. The media can be segmented, but a clip in timeline is not. I link all clips from the card with AMA (AvidMediaAccess), it's very simple (one click), then I can consolidate media to another hard disk or transcode into a different media codec. There is no problem with the segmentation.

I always copy the entire structure of the card when backing cards.
Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The filesystem being recorded to the CF card has file size limits, hence why it splits into 10 files. If the camera used a proprietary file system, it would possibly defeat file size limits at the cost that the CF card will not work on a standard PC or any other device. This is not ideal so most of the manufacturers stuck to the universally accepted FAT file system, which has a 4GB file limit.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Use the new Canon XF Utility V-1.2.1. Look instruction manual page 15.
Ras Dashn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders