L.A. Area User Group at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old March 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

L.A. Area User Group

I just saw Larry Beckers post & wondered if there would be any interest in forming a group to get together & discuss common problems. I live in a large retirement community called Laguna Woods Village.We have a small Video studio, it includes, 2 Canon XF-100 cameras, a green screen, lights,backgrounds,ProPromter Flex 11.,Marshall video monitor, audio gear and an Avid MC-6.01 editing system.We could meet & discuss problems & help each other solve problems.It is about 10 minutes away from the Canon service center & I'm sure they would particpate at times.If there is any interest let me know.
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: L.A. Area User Group

Hi Mike,

I live about 45 minutes to an hour from the Canon repair facility (been there several times, need to go soon to get my 5DII sensor cleaned! SPOTS! AAGH!)

Making it down there for get-togethers would be a problem. My main job is about 60-70 hours a week, and photography/videography is more of an avocation and add-on to my main work (Sr. pastor/non-profit CEO of a large church/school). I try to use video to promote what I'm doing here, work with youth, and do work for the education organization of our denomination (they fly me places to shoot things for them!), and I just finished a Holy Land/Jordan trip that I shot (5DII) and videoed (Canon XA-10 - the XF300 is TOO BIG to travel easily with! But I should have gotten the XF100 - I HATE working with AVCHD files!!!!). Putting a presentation together to promote a trip in November 2012).

Edit: Oh, and I was hoping that the new Canon Hollywood facility would be closer - probably distance wise, but similar time to get there. But since I am a Gold CPS member (impressed? HAHA...), I might try it.

Anyway, maybe a once a month thing would work, but "us working stiffs" don't have the same freedom as someone living in a retirement community... not ready for that yet - well, some days maybe.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Becker; March 29th, 2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Mention Hollywood center
Larry Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: L.A. Area User Group

Hi Larry
I was thinking once a month or two on a Saturday woulld be beneficial to all.We had a Liquid Edition editors user group that did this and we all learned a lot & got a lot out of it.As a matter of fact one guy came from Bakersfield to attend & some of us are still in touch.Its interesting when you get a group together there is always some one who can help you solve your problem or you can spend hours trying to figure it out yourself, the offer is still open.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders