Win 8 MXF at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old October 31st, 2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Win 8 MXF

The MXF files are easily played thru the windows media player in Win 8, no thumbs however
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Win 8 MXF

Thanks for that info Roy!

Thinking about upgrading to Win 8, but not sure how it'll play with my Adobe CS5 version.

Best,
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Major Player

I would not recommend upgrading to 8 until you find out if Adobe is supporting 8 with CS 5. Just sayin'.
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:12 AM   #4
Trustee

I installed Win8 on a new machine and CS6 runs perfectly. That does not mean CS5 will do the same, but it is expected to work. But why would you make a clean install of Win8. The only performance gain is in startup, not during editing and the beefed up security of Win8 requires more user intervention to bypass those settings. In addition it will still take motherboard manufacturers several weeks to come out with all the utilities and drivers for Win8, that are available for Win7. For instance SSD caching is not yet supported under Win8, but runs great in Win7. Printer drivers are lacking too, as are several utilities like Symantec Endpoint Protection.

I second the suggestion to wait a bit. I only used Win8 to avoid a fresh install in a couple of weeks.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Al and Harm for the advice!

Win 7 has been working fine for me, and after I had an SSD installed for a boot drive, it starts up/shuts down relatively faster (along with the Adobe apps). But I was just curious if indeed my CS5 version would play nicely with Win 8; so I will just have to wait until I'd see a significant need to upgrade, or until Adobe releases CS7, or CS15 :)

Best,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders