Where to get XF-100 serviced? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old December 29th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Where to get XF-100 serviced?

I have an XF-100 that developed a very slight noise when recording. That sound (faint beeping) is being recorded. Also, on the last shoot, it turned off in the middle of the take a number of times.

Where would be a good place to send it for servicing?

Thanks.
Tom Gresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Where to get XF-100 serviced?

I have had good results getting my Canon XH-A1s serviced by Camcorder Repair Service - AV Repair

Repairs have been excellent and cameras have been returned to me quickly.

Roger
Old December 30th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #3
Wrangler

Not XF100 specific experience, but I've had fast turnaround and good results from the Canon service center (I use Jamesburg, NJ) in the past. Contact informationis on the back of the User Manual.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Who better to send it to than Canon? If you are a CPS member, you can get 20-30% off of your repairs and fast turnaround service.
Maurice Covington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Not a CPS member. I assume that's Canon Professional Services or something like that? We do own two XF-105 and one XF-100. Been thinking of adding a couple of XF-305s, but those seem like fairly old technology, now.

Still, might look into the CPS program. Thanks.
Tom Gresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #6
Major Player

Tom, the camera that you buy today will be old tomorrow. While the cameras are getting better, the advancements aren't always necessary for everyone. It really depends on what your clients both demand and pay for. At the rate cameras are coming out, if probably smarter to rent the newer technology until a major advancement comes out. For example, anyone who purchased the C100 got a good camera. Canon has recently announced the C100 Mark II. Is it really worth the additional investment to upgrade? For me, mo but the answer won't be the same for everyone.

Having all of the cameras that you have, being a member of Canon Professional Services can be a great resource should you need service for your cameras or simply want to send them in for a check and cleaning. If you've got the XF100/105's, I really don't know why you would invest money into a camera that for the most part will do the same thing. I've used this camera on shoots many times but I continue to use my XLH1. It's not as good in low light as the XF300/305 but this camera is still a beast today, especially when paired with the Atomos Samauri.
Maurice Covington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 04:34 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Last year (November) i put my XF-300 to the CPS-Service in Germany (Willich)
they correct the AF and clean the Cam, and they make also the last update for the Cam
all was done in 3 Days !
They call me up, via phone... and i got an email and an SMS ;-) Woow !!
I transver it myself to the CPS,
because i live near Willich (around 20 KM)
What i have to pay,
was around 130 €
Its a great service for a good price,
i think.
I'am happy for now...
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:14 AM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gresham View Post
Been thinking of adding a couple of XF-305s, but those seem like fairly old technology, now.
They're not old until they fall off the Canon USA product pages... they are very much a *current* model.

Strongly suggest CPS membership; especially the Gold level for $100/yr. as it pays for itself in the long run.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 10:19 AM   #9
Major Player

While the 305s are not know for their low light ability you can make them work in some unfriendly enviroments. I use them regulary for sporting events which usually has decent light which results in some fantastic footage that we mix together via the SDI feeds. These cameras have been solid for me over the last 3 years.

Thanks,

-Josh C.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders