XF 300 Overcast Morning Shoot - And Inside. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old December 10th, 2016, 07:44 AM   #1
Old Boot

XF 300 Overcast Morning Shoot - And Inside.

I did an internal of a well lit ground level long library with ceiling to floor windows. It was a series of 360s slow pans/spins. The natural lighting was perfect Spring levels. However this coming week, in winter, is gonna be overcast and I can only get in from 8am. Natural lighting is gonna be a challenge. OK. Accepting ALL of these parameters, you guys and gals got any creative was to firstly capture and then secondly meld the spins together with the better lit footage?

TIA

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 11:03 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: XF 300 Overcast Morning Shoot - And Inside.

Frame the windows out and put in some soft lights as if they were the actual window light.
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Old Boot

Thanks Robo!

Yeah time and budget wont allow. I've got a 2 hour window including Sun-up and setup. Need to be fleet of hoof and Slight of Brain.

I was thinking that maybe a direction on the XF setup, plus doing something cunning in post to enliven what maybe a wee bit neah . . .

What I'm thinking in post, is that the before I could be a mild desat to give myself a bit more WOW! factor on the new refurb with sat. up and a faint glow?

Thanks again Robin. We do love a challenge.
Old December 15th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #4
Old Boot

Shoot went well.

Plenty of natural illumination inside as the Sun came up, 8:00am onwards, and the "clarty" overcast low-cloud weather was scurried away by the SSW winds coming up from France. By noon the clouds had parted and I was able to get some great externals too, with well saturated blue skies. Client happy, which is a bonus.

Lighting rigs remained firmly in their cases. Yes!

Grazie
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:27 PM   #5
Trustee

Glad that it all went well.
I have started taking an interest in grading, so much so that I hardly use Vegas any more. All my editing and grading is done within Davinci Resolve 12.5
It has an incredible workflow in that you can activate and assemble nodes for every grade decision. Coupled with applying masks over areas of the image - as well as tracking and animating them - it can give total control over various elements within a scene.
I'm in lurve!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders