WA-H82 wide attachment. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old June 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Inner Circle

WA-H82 wide attachment.

The Canon WA-H82 wide attachment looks to be about 110mm on the front, comes with a hood but doesn't look like you can screw a filter on.

Just as well the 110mm B+W UV costs around $US200 which would make the package close to a grand! As you were. Cheers.

Last edited by Allan Black; June 19th, 2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: gagging
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #2

Re: WA-H82 wide attachment.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anybody using this with theyr XF300? Is it nice a clear?
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Jalan, I have the Canon WD-H72 Convertor and recommend it, it's great.

The first thing I noticed was its fine image with great colours and the barrel distortion in minimal.
It doesn't have a front thread for a filter but it does comes with a lens hood.

Note the Canon H82 version is called a 'wide angle' lens and it's heavy .. very unusual lens hood shape, but Canon should know by now.
See the reviews ..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/684206-REG/Canon_4591B001_WA_H82_0_8x_Wide_Attachment.html

Keep an eye on the BnH used store, some bargains ocassionally appear there. If you get one, always make sure you always use 'new' fibre cleaning cloth .. I never clean it on location, set everything down, use a blower brush at different angles to remove any micro sticky grit, lightly breathe on the lens, then carefully wipe it in a circular motion, centre to outside edge. If I do that twice I use another new section of cloth.
To put a scratch on a lens like this would be the absolute pits :(

BnH offer some others, with varying prices and reviews ..

Lens Attachments & Converters

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with B&H NY in any way.

Cheers.
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Major Player

I have the Schneider Century versions of these WA lenses for both my 305 and 105. I find them indispensable. Seem to work just as well as the Canon versions.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #5
Trustee

I have the WA-82 and use it on occasion. It's so freekin heavy! But it does look really good for certain shots. Works great on the crane and I have used it on my GlideCam. I can't see a difference in color or sharpness.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders