Flying test footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old September 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Flying test footage

Hi All
Here is a Test film for the XF305. I shot it 1920 x 1080 50i edited prores 422lt.
No grading. Hope you like it.

Mark
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Moreve View Post
Hi All
Here is a Test film for the XF305. Mark
fun - thanks for sharing.

How about a shot with the aircraft coming right at the camera, taking off just before it smacks into the lens? ;-) Next time ;-)
Brett Delmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes... thanks for that suggestion . I was trying to get my iphone 4 strapped to the bottom of one of the planes to get a POV but the guys were a bit worried it would get wrecked so next time I'll take my Flip HD and try it with that!
I think the main thing is how the XF has held the detail in the shy and the highlights around the clouds and also how the image hasn't broken up in the background on the low flying against a complex background whilst fast panning.
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Mark. Thanks for posting the video, that looks like a fun thing to shoot.
I notice you shot some handheld, some on sticks, even some on a track. Wonder if you could tell us your impressions of how the XF305 is when shooting outside in bright sunlight. Were you mostly using the EVF or the LCD and did you use any kind of hood or loupe on the LCD? Is it hard to get focus?

- Keith
Keith Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

HI keith,
I found that the LCD screen on the XF was fantastic to use. I didn't need a hood loupe on it. When the sun was directly behind me I switched to the viewfinder if possible.
If the camera is above my eye height. I usually just swivel the lcd down and look up at it. I think the XF305 has probably the best LCD screen I have seen on any of these small cameras and it certainly beats the hell out of the LCD monitors you get on the dsr450 or Panasonic P2 cameras which I find disconcerting and usually just switch them off.
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders