CP files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old September 11th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Major Player

CP files

Has anyone experimented with CP files and used or created anything outside the standard settings as yet?

Nick.
Nick Wilcox-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have, actually. Here's zip file with a few basic ones I've worked on: http://twelio.com/vp340c

CP1: Tru Vid - a video gamma profile with good color accuracy
CP2: XF Mojo - a nice subtle film-look with accurate colors and a pleasing gamma (I use this most of the time)
CP3: XF Film - I like this for shooting dramatic narrative, it's the most film-like of my CP's
CP4: XF Film+ - at the expense of resolution, I use this to shoot at +12db to +18db (above that, I find the auto NR does a better job).
CP5: XF Mojo+ - same as above, but with a different gamma. I usually use it for +9db to +12db
CP6: Lo Mojo - for shooting above +12db, at the expense of resolution. Useful when I know I'll finish @ 720

Let me know what you think and feel free to play around with them.
Brian Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Brian, I’ll have a play and come back to you
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Woods View Post
I have, actually. Here's zip file with a few basic ones I've worked on: Sizable Send - Send Large Files Free - C_PICT.zip File Download

CP1: Tru Vid - a video gamma profile with good color accuracy
CP2: XF Mojo - a nice subtle film-look with accurate colors and a pleasing gamma (I use this most of the time)
CP3: XF Film - I like this for shooting dramatic narrative, it's the most film-like of my CP's
CP4: XF Film+ - at the expense of resolution, I use this to shoot at +12db to +18db (above that, I find the auto NR does a better job).
CP5: XF Mojo+ - same as above, but with a different gamma. I usually use it for +9db to +12db
CP6: Lo Mojo - for shooting above +12db, at the expense of resolution. Useful when I know I'll finish @ 720

Let me know what you think and feel free to play around with them.
Brian-

Thanks for the sharing, I very much appreciate the kindness.

I apologize in advance for the newbie-type question:

After I download the color profiles, how do I open them and access the riches?

Thanks in advance.

Be well

Rob
Smalltalk Productions
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Just unzip the file, which will give you a folder called C_PICT that contains the CP files. copy that onto an SD card, then slip that into the SD card slot on the handgrip of you camera. You should then be able to access the CP's from the the CP menu, and copy them over to your camera if you want or just use them off the card.
Brian Woods is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders