Short video with new XF300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old October 11th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Short video with new XF300

Hi Folks,

Excited to play around with my new XF300. But had chores to do; so I thought I'd shoot it! And get in some play time with our dog, OhNo.

Old October 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #2
New Boot

Good stuff Jeff - that time lapse feature can be addicting. I bought a Meade motorized telescope at a yard sale for $1 and have adapted it to take my XF. You can program the speed to microseconds and get some very cool results. I'll post some soon.
Kevin Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Pretty cool!
Buck Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Nice demo shoot - I always have trouble coming up with a "first light" shoot.

What did you use for your Cumbres and Toltec video? As a rail enthusiast I really enjoyed that.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Folks,

Thanks for watching!

@Kevin--I love timelapses! When I shot with an XL2, I'd record continuously and speed it up in post (no interval setting, eventhough the XL2 has one). I have seen videos from folks here using motorized mounts for timelapses and they look very cool. And your timelapse video of production setting up looked really good!

@Buck--Thanks!

@Larry--I'd love to take the XF300 in a train ride someday! I shot the Cumbres-Toltec video with an XL2, using a SteadyStick, and tried uprezzing with Magic Bullet Instant HD. (Not really the HD results that I wanted, but it's ok.) I've also ridden the Durango line a couple years back, but I shot that with a Canon HV30. (That footage is sadly just languishing in an external harddrive.)

Best,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders