DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Broadcast Video Expo London (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/491478-broadcast-video-expo-london.html)

Matt Ford February 9th, 2011 01:34 PM

Broadcast Video Expo London

Any other XF owners going next week want to meet up for a coffee/beer and chat? Would be great to see some uncompressed footage if you are bringing a laptop.

Matt

Andy Solaini February 9th, 2011 01:49 PM

I wanted to go to check out some gear, mainly bags for my XF300 as nowhere near me stocks any. It looks from the website like the general public isn't welcome though.

Andrew Strugnell February 9th, 2011 01:53 PM

When is this expo Matt? I may just be in London - would be keen to check it out.

Andrew.

Nick Wilcox-Brown February 9th, 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Solaini (Post 1616243)
I wanted to go to check out some gear, mainly bags for my XF300 as nowhere near me stocks any. It looks from the website like the general public isn't welcome though.

It is a a 'trade show', but nothing at all stopping you pre-registering and going to the show as a cameraman / DoP etc

Broadcast Video Expo 2011 - Be The First to Discover Truly Ground-Breaking Technology

Don't try and turn up though, probably expensive on the door if your don't pre-register!

Nick

Andrew Strugnell February 9th, 2011 02:06 PM

Thanks Nick - looks like rego is free.

I'll be missing it by a couple of days - pity!

Andrew.

Nick Wilcox-Brown February 9th, 2011 02:22 PM

Sorry Andrew!

Andy Solaini February 9th, 2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Wilcox-Brown (Post 1616250)
It is a a 'trade show', but nothing at all stopping you pre-registering and going to the show as a cameraman / DoP etc

Broadcast Video Expo 2011 - Be The First to Discover Truly Ground-Breaking Technology

Don't try and turn up though, probably expensive on the door if your don't pre-register!

Nick

I don't have my company set up enough yet that I could prove I was a professional cameraman. My interest in the show was more about being able to check out gear all in one place. I still need quite a bit for my new company.

Mark Moreve February 9th, 2011 06:15 PM

Hey,
I'll be there for the 1st 2 days mainly on the Canon stand.
cheers
mark

Matt Ford February 10th, 2011 02:52 AM

Bve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Solaini (Post 1616355)
I don't have my company set up enough yet that I could prove I was a professional cameraman. My interest in the show was more about being able to check out gear all in one place. I still need quite a bit for my new company.

Honestly it wont be a problem.. You are a customer.. Private, amateur, semi-pro is a massive chunk of business. If I had a pound for every middle-aged guy I saw last year who still lives with his mum and makes videos in his bedroom, I would be a rich man!

(sometimes even I am 2 of the above)

Syeed Ali February 12th, 2011 03:22 AM

I'll be there on tuesday from 9:30

Alister Chapman February 12th, 2011 02:25 PM

You don't have to prove anything to register. Just use your own name for the company field.