DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   xf105/xf100 release should be soon (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/491487-xf105-xf100-release-should-soon.html)

Rob Katz February 9th, 2011 02:58 PM

xf105/xf100 release should be soon

i'm still interested when the xf105/xf100 actually hit the shelves.

anyone care to share rumors?

thanks in advance

be well

rob

Pete Bauer February 9th, 2011 05:05 PM

Naw, being that this is DVinfo.net and not DVrumors.net, let's skip the rumors and simply post facts as they become available.

Rob Katz February 10th, 2011 12:36 PM

i'll take info rather than rumors.

anyone know what is the release date?

thanks

be well

rob

Philip Lipetz February 12th, 2011 05:48 AM

My dealer said the Canon rep would only say "by the end of the month.". Such pronouncements are frequently wrong.

Federico Perale February 13th, 2011 06:32 AM

Anyone attending dv broadcast expo in London this week?
I'm pretty sure there will be some to try

Andy Wilkinson February 13th, 2011 09:08 AM

I'll be there Wednesday. They should have loads of them to try as they were already available for hands on at the Canon Pro Photo Expo in London that I went to late last year. I certainly want to get give one a more thorough inspection than I had time for last year!

Mark Johnson February 16th, 2011 01:43 AM

One of the exhibitors at BVE in London yesterday had the XF105 in stock. Both they and others said that the XF100s should be in stock next week.

Mark

Larry Rodman February 23rd, 2011 08:15 PM

Re: xf105/xf100 release should be soon

I stopped in to see Eric Petrie, of Professional Video and Tape, this afternoon and they have had two arrive over the last couple of days (pre-ordered) and they're out the door. He spoke to his Canon Rep and they're shipping, but nothing definitive on numbers. I made a deposit on a XF100 and will now wait it out.

Jim Martin February 24th, 2011 11:17 AM

Spotty for the next 2-3 weeks......according to Zeus, er , our Rep as of yesterday.......

Jim Martin
FilmTools.com

Lou Bruno February 24th, 2011 07:40 PM

Several coming to the New York area. They have been released from OHIO and will be at dealers around Tues or so this week. The 105's will be a little sparse initially.

Larry Rodman March 7th, 2011 10:14 PM

Arrived on Tuesday, March 1st. Great first impression- the feel, quality of build. Particularly pleased with the compact size; put it next to my A1 and it looks huge next to the XF100. Despite its diminutive size, it looks like what it is- a pro piece of gear in a compact body.

It would be cool if it broke down even further, i.e., the removable handle like the JVC, but having said that, it will certainly pack very well in my carry-on. Haven't had an opportunity to really work with it. The external mic bracket is too large for my Sanken CS1 wthout an adapter; but that was an issue on my A1 as well.