XF300 availability? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old June 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Major Player

XF300 availability?

I see BH is still out of stock on these camera's, are these available anywhere or just that hard to come by?

Looks like I may be adding a second XF305 or an XF300, and not sure how hard they are to come by.
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: XF300 availability?

When I was at the filmtools.com store a week ago they had some stock. They seem to be a great resource. I was really impressed, and their price is 4% or so under list. I couldn't tell if they had one in stock, but they're woth a call. I believe they (Jim?) are on this site sometimes and always offer helpful advice. When I got mine they only had a floor model and I ended up at Samy's in Culver City, CA,, but they had only one.

The supply will probably open up soon...

Last edited by Larry Becker; June 13th, 2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Larry Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Old Boot

Here's been my experience. I've been in direct telephone communication with 4 west London (UK) professional kit suppliers, 3 are members of our Institute of Videography, and ALL have the XFs on back order. 2 of them admit to late August or September at the earliest. PLUS I've also had a major camera hire company research for me of one of the suppliers and he was told the same back order situ.

None of this comes even close to the issues that that part of World, Japan, are still having to go through.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #4
Major Player

Denny-

In talking with Canon, it looks like 300s will not be in stock until the end of the month at best. I might have an answer for you so give me a call.....

Jim Martin
FilmTools.com
818-845-8066
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Regular Crew

just bought from these guys. Ordered last thursday - arrived on tuesday! Very good service. They admitted to finding it difficult to get supplies too though. Thoroughly recommend them.

Hdew
Martin Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Jim,

I don't mean to derail the thread but while I have you, do you have any info about the availability of the XF 100? I know that every place has them on back/pre order, but I bit the bullet and placed an order with you guys today. I figured waiting to order wouldn't make the thing ship any sooner! The customer service rep told me the units trickle in. How frequently have they trickled in for you? On the order of weeks or months?

Thanks in advance!
Sunny
Sunny Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Major Player

There should be more XF100s after July 1st.....what my sources tell me.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders