Getting Canon 60D instead of XF100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old July 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Getting Canon 60D instead of XF100

Anyone Compare the footage with this 60D & XF100?

I planning to get better video cam on "Depth of View" for my next video project.
Can anyone compare and give me good reasons why should i buy canon XF100 instead of 60D which is lots more cost saving.

thanks
andrew
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Getting Canon 60D instead of XF100

You're comparing very different cameras, almost apples and oranges. Totally depends on your use and intent.

But if it's solely for Depth of Field, wouldn't you want the 60D ?

I don't do DSLR, but if I were only going for depth of field, I'd certainly pick the 60D.

For me, the XF100 is my back up camera and very often a continuous shoot, long-angle view. Can't beat the features it has (dual slot recording, long-time recording, etc. etc) when it comes to my needs. But you haven't been specific enough in your description for me to say were I in your shoes.
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Getting Canon 60D instead of XF100

Different tools for different jobs.
I have the big brothers to both cameras and it's invaluable having both. In my case, the 300 is the workhorse. I have used the 105 and it's a great "A" camera as well. The dslrs arent useful in a lot of situations and only get called as b-roll or special effects shots. All the Canons cut together really well as long as you set the dslrs to a flat profile.
If you want a "do it all" camera, I'd suggest stepping up to an AF100 or FS100 as they will give you the dslr look without sacrificing the pro camcorder necessities.
The biggest issue I have with the dslrs is the aliasing and moire. It shows up more than I like and if the 7D was my only camera I'd be screwed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders