DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon XF Tutorial: New (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/498355-canon-xf-tutorial-new.html)

Lou Bruno July 12th, 2011 06:46 AM

Canon XF Tutorial: New

Found this link from Canon:

Canon DLC: Search Results

Ron Evans July 12th, 2011 07:13 PM

Re: Canon XF Tutorial: New

I can't get the videos to play.

Ron Evans

Gerald OConnor July 12th, 2011 07:27 PM

I played the picture settings one fine from my iPhone. It explained a bunch of settings, I understand it a little better now. Thanks

Ron Evans July 12th, 2011 08:05 PM

Plays in Internet Explorer does not play in Firefox.

Ron Evans

Ken Hull July 12th, 2011 09:59 PM

It plays fine in Firefox for me.
(You do know you've got to get the mouse pointer out of the video window, then use <shift><space> to start and stop the video, right?)
Ken

Lou Bruno July 12th, 2011 10:24 PM

Plays on my I-Phone. Hummm............won't play in VISTA. Any ideas?

Graham Bernard July 12th, 2011 11:42 PM

Ok, I'll break away from the download and viewing-issue thrust this thread has taken and talk about the content...... The tute's content was truly valuable to me!!! Yes I can understand just WHAT 4:2:2 means, but seeing exactly the control and making use of the over and above value of the Histograms versus just the ZEBRAS was a real Damascus moment for me. Seeing WAS really believing for me. then all that business of Knee and so on. Marvellous!

I really can't wait (yeah, I know I'll have too) to get me mitts on the XF300.

A big hooray for Canon for going this extra inch in pushing this education out there. More please!

BTW, it was also a reminder to presenters NOT to talk over the "expert" after asking the question. Do you see the Aussie struggling to respond to get his answer in? Funny. The presenter, IMHO, was so enthusiastic and product-driven in wanting to get the Canon functions described, that the actual "value" of those same functions were at risk of quickly becoming road kill.

As I said, more please Canon!!!

Grazie

Mike Ayotte July 13th, 2011 01:50 PM

I could not play using I. E. last nite at home but am able to play using Chrome. I hope everybody gets to see these tutorials because they answered a lot of questions I had. I hope there are more to come.
Regards
Mike

Lou Bruno July 15th, 2011 05:23 PM

They just added two new tutorials...................But.................I have to use my I-Pod to watch them. :-(

Anybody know a fix in IE to watch these videos?

Pete Bauer July 15th, 2011 05:35 PM

Lou, must be a system-specific thing because it is playing fine on my old Win XP box with IE8.