Zoom H4n Windscreen on XF-100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old August 8th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #1
New Boot

The Zoom H4n windscreen works great on my XF-100

Although it does block the volume control and one of the XLR connections the foam windscreen from a Zoom H4n works beautifully to null the wind sound which can be expected without it. I've been shooting in the marshes of Southern Oregon during high winds and the audio is perfectly usable. In a pinch this is good to know.
Also, after shooting HDSLR video over the last year I've gathered more peripherals than I want to deal with BUT I've found some of the gear translates perfectly to use with the XF-100. For what it's worth here's a picture of my XF100 sporting a few of these items.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom H4n Windscreen on XF-100-xf100_fousie.jpg   Zoom H4n Windscreen on XF-100-xf100_zoom_windscreen.jpg  

Last edited by Michael Fousie; August 9th, 2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: picture editing
Michael Fousie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders