DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Magnification (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/501703-magnification.html)

Alan McCormick October 17th, 2011 10:30 AM

Magnification

I have had a look but have not found any comments (yet) on this.

With the XF300 can anyone confirm if you can press the Magnification button while recording?

On the XLH1A it only works when you are NOT recording which is a pain, a nice feature if available.

Thanks

Graham Bernard October 18th, 2011 12:53 AM

Re: Magnification

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan McCormick (Post 1689347)
With the XF300 can anyone confirm if you can press the Magnification button while recording?

Yes. Yes you can. I also picked-up on Robin's suggestion and have additionally "assigned" the button-assignable Black&White function option to Magnify too, making/offering focus clarity a cinch.

Alan, I'm loving this camera. For me a true successor to my two ole faithful XM2 SD cammies.

Cheers

Grazie

Alan McCormick October 18th, 2011 01:08 AM

Thanks Grazie, still have my XM2 from years gone by - you can't even sell them nowadays and anyway it may come in handy with the kids learning.

Stewart Hemley October 18th, 2011 02:35 AM

Still got my XM1 ! I'll keep it just in case I need to reload the tapes from it. But the kids using it is what I do too. And I'm planning on getting the XF305 but hanging on in case Nov 3rd brings even better goodies. And if it does, I'll have the nice decision to make - buy the new one or an "old" 305 which has been reduced to clear. Good one, Canon.

Alan McCormick October 18th, 2011 02:36 AM

edit - no worries, found announcement
Don't think it will affect me though as rumoured price is $15,000 your having a laugh ;)
-------------

What happens on Nov 3rd?

Stewart Hemley October 18th, 2011 06:26 AM

At $15K I'll be crying... Something else I can't afford.

Alan McCormick October 18th, 2011 07:04 AM

It looks like it will be a Pro Cam like the RED that has been "rumoured"

If you are thinking it might be the replacement for the XL cams with interchangeable lenses maybe not till next year, who knows.

Stewart Hemley October 18th, 2011 07:47 AM

What I'm hoping for (but not really expecting) is an XF305 with 10bits, about the same price. No harm in dreaming...

Graham Bernard October 18th, 2011 09:42 PM

Guys, coming from XMs, this XF300 is just so what you'll want.

Yesterday I was out shooting a 3 venue project; externals with blue skies and flower beds and graphics; internals, with singing and dancing; interviews in very mixed lighting and some shallow DoF layering the camera is just pure ease to use.

Do I have an XF design-flaw list? After 3 months of use? - Oh yes. Would this list have gotten in my way in purchasing the XF? No way, Josie! Sure, without having experienced these, I wouldn't have known. But that's like my Nissan's indicator not being loud enough for me to recognise it's not cancelled after a turn left or right. But I still have and still enjoy the car.

Grazie

Alan McCormick October 19th, 2011 03:20 PM

Tested it out at ProVideo in Coventry (UK) today and well impressed to say the least.
I may have arranged a trade in +££££ for my XLH1A - watch this space