Success using XF300 on Big Lottery Evaluation Project. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old October 30th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Old Boot

Success using XF300 on Big Lottery Evaluation Project.

Just wanted to share with you guys that I was shooting all day yesterday on an ongoing 8 week project, had my producer sharing my LCD screen to see the "framed" content, and she was truly involved in the process. That, and the onsite, immeadate "review" Important with this level of evaluation project, this camera just excels.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Success using XF300 on Big Lottery Evaluation Project.

Very good Graham - it does indeed rock!
I shot a web commercial last weekend for a music degree examination service. Since it was for web distribution, decided to shoot at 720 50p. Still the amazing quality. Convinced me that for non-broadcast purposes, this is a format to consider...
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #3
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
Very good Graham - it does indeed rock!
I shot a web commercial last weekend for a music degree examination service..
It does indeed!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Interesting topic indeed!

Graham: I reduced the image size to 1420 x 1080 25Mbps after reading your earlier post. I'm shooting at 30P. This nearly doubled the shooting time on 2 x 32 gig cards from 2.7 hours to 5.2 hours. Not sure yet what that does to the image size or quality on a TV screen. Should be OK for web commercials?

Robin: Sounds like you are doing something similar.

50Mbps is needed for broadcast, 25 Mbps is fine for Internet commercials. Maybe 35 Mbps for DVDs? Am I understanding this correctly?

I bought a cable from Radio Shack for $30 to connect a 19" flat screen TV to the XF300. The one that comes with the camera doesn't have audio. This is now a CCTV that a client can see instant playback after an interview, or watch themselves whilst recording. Haven't used it yet in the real world, but it looks promising and is very portable if you have mains power.

Now I need to find out where to get input on lighting for interviews, sigh. So much to learn, so little time, such fun.

Love to hear about other applications & real life uses for this great cam.

Regards,
Doug.

Last edited by Doug Bailey; October 30th, 2011 at 07:32 AM.
Doug Bailey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders