DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the XF? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/502575-sandisk-32gb-extreme-compactflash-memory-card-confirmed-work-xf.html)

Sam Young November 11th, 2011 07:46 AM

The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the XF?

Hi guys,

B&H has those CF cards for $89 right now, so I will grab one or two. Canon says it works with the XF, I just want to confirm with you guys in case I read anything wrong. Thanks! :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646870-REG/SanDisk_SDCFX_032G_A61_32GB_Extreme_CompactFlash_Memory.html

Alan McCormick November 11th, 2011 09:59 AM

Re: The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the

Works fine here but have not tested for a full card yet or relay recording but can't see why they should have probs Sam. The price has been coming down recently here too in the UK.

Sam Young November 11th, 2011 10:08 AM

Re: The SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card is confirmed to work with the

Thanks Alan, I will place the order soon. Still deciding on a 64gb though.. it is $239 on Amazon (sold by Adorama).

Doug Bailey November 11th, 2011 11:48 AM

Hi Sam,
I'm using 2 x 32 gig Sandisk Extreme cards with my XF300. Bought these for the XF100 & they work fine, no problems.
Regards,
Doug.

Markus Oginero November 11th, 2011 03:16 PM

Using 4 of this nice Cards all working with no Problems.
The Cards also come with a Bonuscard
Free Download for Rescure Recovery Software.
Perfect !

Sam Young November 11th, 2011 07:55 PM

Thank you guys!

One more question, do any of you use 64gb cards? Or do you mostly stick with 32gb to save costs and not "put all the eggs in one basket"?

Thanks!

Markus Oginero November 12th, 2011 04:34 AM

Yes i got one Transcend 64 GB 400x
i only use i one time in the past, works also.

Pete Bauer November 12th, 2011 09:24 AM

I have a pair of Sandisk Extreme Pro (90MB/s) in each XF. I then have the choice of 160+ minutes of dual-card recording (so all the eggs are duplicated in TWO baskets!) or being able to record for 320+ minutes without having to touch a CF card in the field. I've been using that particular brand/model of card since April and haven't had a glitch yet and using USB3 can offload an entire shoot in minutes. (So glad to put tape in the rear view mirror!)

Pricey way to go, but as capacities and speed of new cards increase with the passage of time, I simply repurpose older cards to the less demanding roles. The 32GB card goes to the 5DmII and a once-mighty 4GB card (rated at a now-paltry 15MB/s) lives in an M-Audio MicroTrack II, giving me around 4 hours of 24bit/96kHz stereo recording on that device.

Markus Oginero November 12th, 2011 04:29 PM

Nice Coment @ Pete ;-)
Quote:

and using USB3 can offload an entire shoot in minutes.
how can we do this ?
Cardreader ? i was looking for it, but not found the right one, i think..

Sam Young November 12th, 2011 07:24 PM

Transcend makes USB 3.0 card readers, as well as other companies, Lexar, etc, I wish I can use USB 3.0, but I have a Mac... :)

Lexar USB 3.0 reader:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754869-REG/Lexar_LRW300URBNA_Professional_USB_3_0_Dual_Slot.html

Markus Oginero November 12th, 2011 07:36 PM

THX a lot !
In US its more cheaper .....
Here we have to pay around 50 €

Sam Young November 13th, 2011 08:47 AM

I love Hong Kong/ USA, no VAT.. :)

Larry Becker November 13th, 2011 09:51 AM

USB 3 readers, etc...

I added an SIIG brand USB 3 interface card that gave me 2 slots, then added a Delkin USB 3 card reader and Seagate 3 TB USB 3 external drive. Just to see if it would work, I got a USB 3 hub from LaCie - it works really well, too. MUCH MUCH faster than USB 2, and really the only way to go with these cards.

Larry

Nigel Barker November 15th, 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Young (Post 1696649)
Transcend makes USB 3.0 card readers, as well as other companies, Lexar, etc, I wish I can use USB 3.0, but I have a Mac... :)

I have a Mac Pro & a 17" MacBook Pro & use the Lexar USB3 dual CF/SDHC card reader in both of them. For the MBP I have an & for the Mac Pro I have installed a Both work very well.

Sam Young November 15th, 2011 05:50 PM

Thanks Nigel, have you ever gotten kernel panics from either of them?