XF100 - Sunrise & Sunsets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old December 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Major Player

XF100 - Sunrise & Sunsets

I have been taking the small XF100 out camping a lot lately, it is permorming well and enjoyable to use.

The quality is astonishing. This is part of my last weekend trip

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: XF100 - Sunrise & Sunsets

That is beautiful footage Bob! Did you use a denoise filter for the shots? I do not see any noise!

I am currently in Hong Kong as well.
Sam Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Sam, i have done no color correction on any of these shots and i don't own any de-noise software. The quality is just great from the camera

Bob
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #4
New Boot

Re: Hong Kong Canon Dealers

any suggestions on a reputable dealer - Canon XF 300 purchase while in Hong Kong Steve
Steve Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Major Player

I'm pretty sure that was some really great footage! However I have to admit that the floating scarf dog angel thing was incredibly distracting...
Michael Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM   #6
New Boot

Seems I've seen this video before. I have to agree....as cute as the dog is, it doesn't help your video because of the placement, size and distraction.
Still a lovely video image.
Michael Fousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #7
Major Player

Michael, You hit the nail on the head, my footage has been flogged all around the internet and there is little one can do to stop it except I suppose , just don't post on the internet. This footage was shot on the 10th and 11th of December 2011 but since being posted on Vimeo, it is appearing on sites worldwide and these sites are posting ads besides the video. The Vimeo setting are that the video can only be played on Vimeo but this unfortunately doesn't stop people putting it up on their sites.

To prevent people illegally downloading the video I have placed the watermark and a title on the video and unfortunately I will continue to do this until websites stop illegally showing other peoples videos.

Bob

PS: Steve I doubt if you will find the XF300 in any store in Hong Kong, only at Canon HK
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:36 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson View Post
To prevent people illegally downloading the video I have placed the watermark and a title on the video and unfortunately I will continue to do this until websites stop illegally showing other peoples videos.
You might consider putting a copyright notice at the beginning and/or end of the video. Something like

(c) 2011 by Bob Thomson. This video is licensed only for non-commercial personal viewing from the Vimeo interactive video streaming website. All other rights reserved.

While not as cute as the dog, this would make the terms of your copyright license clearer.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Major Player

Eric, Thanks for the suggestion, I will consider doing that next time

Bob
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Bob, I don't have any problem with the dog. I understood immediately that it was a watermark to protect your property.

There are thieves everywhere, and amazingly, many of them don't think of themselves as thieves as they use your property without paying for it.

You must protect your videos.
Tom Gresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:28 AM   #11
Major Player

Thanks Tom for the support.

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders