Please Report any Aliasing Issues to Canon Support... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old December 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Please Report any Aliasing Issues to Canon Support...

Hello,

I have another thread active about aliasing issues I am seeing in 720p60 mode. After speaking with the Canon support department they told me they have not heard of this issue.

So I would like to ask if you ever have seen this issue/effect while shooting in 720p mode please call up Canon support and let them know. Basically he said in so many words that if they do not get a lot of reports the chances of it being addressed goes down... But they will start tracking to see if this comes up during support calls.

I have read on this forum that this is sort of a "known" issue with this camera, but it is not on Canon's radar.

Thanks
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Please Report any Aliasing Issues to Canon Support...

Is this an issue on the FX100, FX300 or both? I am not sure if I have seen this or not. Do you have an example of what this might look like?
Robert Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

This doesn't appear to be the same issue but it's another complaint albeit some claim it was a badly lit scene that was at fault whereas your's is pleasantly lit.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf...sue-video.html

Last edited by Les Wilson; January 6th, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: clarity this isn't the same problem.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Robert,

I only have the XF300, so I do not know if it applies to the XF100. The thread is just a few down called 720p60 aliasing issues.

And FWIW (Les), this issue is NOT related to poor lighting or video skills. Please do not associate my technical issue with another. Thank you.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Alan Roberts who does the testing for BBC suggests the use of heavy Noise Reduction if shooting 720p. That happens before scaling so it gets rid of aliasing by smoothing the picture before scaling happens. It should work pretty well.

The Canon C300 has the same issue at 720p.
Mikko Topponen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders