XF100 Shoulder Strap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old June 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1
New Boot

XF100 Shoulder Strap

Hi,

Yes, yes....this is a bit of a dumb question so apologies in advance.

Does anyone have a photo of how they have fitted the shoulder strap to the XF100? I find it extremely poorly thought out and cumbersome to attach and use so I thought maybe I'm doing it wrong!!

Thanks,

Torsten.
Torsten Dettlaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: XF100 Shoulder Strap

I never use sholder straps, so I had to go check the XF100's box. Sure enough there is a sholder strap in there. Sholder straps seem to get in the way - maybe it's just me. I do use a wrist strap on my DSLR - but nothing on the XF100; the top handle does it.
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Tourist

Another option to consider if you want to be able to sling the camera over your shoulder sometimes but want a strap that doesn't get in the way while shooting, is one of the BlackRapid straps as sold for stills cameras.

It attaches to the tripod socket so the camera hangs upside down when on your shoulder - sounds scary but it works. And when you shoot there is a sliding buckle that lets you bring the camera into shooting position quickly - or you can let the strap hang down from the bottom of the camera while shooting.

I have two of these straps that I use on my stills cameras - I used one on my XF100 while shooting a wedding yesterday and it worked well.

RS-4 R-Strap BlackRapid.com
Chris Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #4
New Boot

I'm not sure about the shoulder strap is a good or bad thing!

At first I thought it made good sense, to avoid dropping it but also as a way of steadying the camera when the strap was pulled taught...however it does get in the way sometimes so I'm debating if I should go without it....what do others do?

The Black Rapid option could be worth a go as it looks like the strap hangs totally out of the way when shooting!
Ryan Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Major Player

Chris beat me to it with the Black Rapid suggestion. I must have gone through every strap option out there for my still cameras before finding and loving the Black Rapid straps, and being QR from the tripod plate, they won't get in the way.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders