Backup - YES. Restore - HOW? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old July 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Old Boot

Backup - YES. Restore - HOW?

Using the Canon Utility (1.1.0), I have Backup done, I have Virtual Media done, where in that utility can one or DOES one Restore?

If it is starring me in the face, fine, but I'd like to know if I need to use a restore option?

Odd.......

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Backup - YES. Restore - HOW?

If you use XF Utility to backup to drive D: and that drive dies you cannot use XF Utility to restore files from that disk. If the drive is ok and you want to "restore" files from drive D: to drive X:, use any file browser.

Or, what do you mean by restore, i am not sure i am following?
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl View Post
IOr, what do you mean by restore, i am not sure i am following?
Me neither. Backup is a one way process. It creates a copy of the card (or virtual media) & then adds the details as an entry for the virtual media in XF Utility.

BTW The current version of XF Utility is 1.3.0
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Me neither. Backup is a one way process. It creates a copy of the card (or virtual media) & then adds the details as an entry for the virtual media in XF Utility.

BTW The current version of XF Utility is 1.3.0
Well, I'd have thought that there would have been a RESTORE option in a utility that makes BACKUPs.

And Nigel, thanks for the Heads-up on the newer version, I'd seen that on the net. But before I do that I am mid-project and will update when I am clear of at least capturing for this Promo I'm doing.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders