DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   XF105 not saving camera settings. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/513717-xf105-not-saving-camera-settings.html)

Joe Reidl January 23rd, 2013 04:18 PM

XF105 not saving camera settings.

Hello everyone, I've got a small annoying problem with my XF105. Seems like every time I take the battery out of the camera for an extended period of time, the settings get reset to I think the factory settings. Things like resetting the clock, markers on the LCD, controls getting set to auto, basically it's no big deal, just a pain in the butt having to reset them occasionally.

Weird thing is, it only happens when I don't use the camera for a while, not just every time the battery is removed. Anyone else have similar problems?

Mike Ayotte January 23rd, 2013 04:33 PM

Re: XF105 not saving camera settings.

Joe
The internal battery ran down and can not be replaced like in the older cameras. You have to leave a battery in or plug the camera in to the charger and let it recharge the internal battery. This is in the manual but I don't have it with me at this time. It might be under Lion battery in the index.
Mike

Mike Ayotte January 24th, 2013 03:14 PM

On page 170 of the instruction manual they discuss the Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Battery
Mike

Roland Gueblez January 25th, 2013 07:35 AM

Bonjour,
J'ai le même problème avec une Canon XF300 !

Hello,
Y have the same problem with my Canon XF300 !

Joe Reidl January 26th, 2013 04:41 PM

Thanks Mike. I haven't tried plugging it in but that seems like what the problem is.

A.D.Wyatt Norton April 10th, 2014 02:17 PM

I read the manual the day I first unpacked the camera. Aware of everything mentioned here- plus that it appears that maintenance charging goes on from camera batteries, as well, during operation. It's that first full charging that's key - and repeat the process if the camera has been idle too long.. Now to my query: My XF 300 is about a year and a half old now and the built-in battery can deplete its charge much faster than before, as all known types of rechargeable batteries do as they age.

I can't find information anywhere on actual battery location or replacement. Does anyone know if it's possible to replace it without a trip to the Canon service center?

Mike Ayotte April 10th, 2014 10:16 PM

I live near a Canon repair center and the tech. told me it should be done by Canon it appears its a proprietary battery and also needs to be soldered. What a pain I wish it was as simple as my GL-2. You can put your settings on a sd card which makes it easy to replace them if something happens.

A.D.Wyatt Norton April 11th, 2014 09:17 AM

Thanks , Mike- I feared this was the case- One trip I took to Irvine was because of a blown fuse hardwired to the board in an XL2. At least it had a coin battery you could easily replace every two years whether it needed it or not. I'm a believer in the rechargeables but wish they could be accessed. Or, as you say, the largely empty SD card would record ALL settings in groups.

I'll continue crippled operations. Thanks for the dvinfo.

Mike Ayotte April 11th, 2014 09:44 AM

Glad I could help.