Outputting SD while recording HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old October 31st, 2013, 05:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Outputting SD while recording HD

I'm taking the ISO recordings from 3 XF305s next week, which are simultaneously being used to stream a live switched TX in Standard Def. The idea is that I then take those away and create more crafted HD cut-down films of the event.

Will the camera simultaneously record in 50 Mbps 1080P25, while outputting Standard Def from the SDI socket? I'm not entirely sure what SD spec they're going for - but it's going directly to a corporation intranet. Does the HD spec place restrictions on the available Standard Def SDI stream?

Thanks,

Ben.
Ben Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Outputting SD while recording HD

You should be fine. Isn't there a thing in the menu to switch the output of the hd-sdi connection from hd to sd? Plug in, hit record, enjoy.
Mark Koha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders