Tele lens for XF300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old August 14th, 2017, 05:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Tele lens for XF300

I film sport with multi camera and have 2X XF305's.

I am aware of the Century 1.6 Tele lens but its pretty expensive.

I wonder what this option might be like.
Deluxe Lens Kit for CANON XF300 XF305 professional CAMCORDER + Includes 82mm 3PC

Thanks

Martin
Martin Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #2
Old Boot

Re: Tele lens for XF300

Two things immediately come to mind:

1) It's too cheap. There's a reason why wides and teles are expensive. Just look and compare the official Canon 82 WA to the one on offer here. I'd like to see the output of this lens. If it isn't offered within body of the advert then I would ask them for one.

2) Full Zoom-through. I've had Century lenses and could ONLY make use of it at the long end, anything wider than 60% forced the vignette of the lens showing the internal s of the lens barrel. If this is the case here, then this will drive you nuts on a sports event.

Thanks for reminding me of some of my worst purchase decisions. Now where is my Canon WD80? I'm wondering if an 80 to 84 adaptor would be valuable?

My solution? Move nearer and/or use judicious zoom-in in post. Use this with a meant circled insert would be neat.

Teles and Wides? You get what you pay for.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 07:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Some good points but I should have pointed out that we shoot Aussie Rules Football that sees one came wide and one tight. The tight one would obviously take the tele. The 1.6 Century is a safe bet being excellent quality and the vingnetting effect not as bad as using a 2.

I reckon you are right, that cheap option is surely crap.
Martin Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Still being a cheap skate here.

I wonder if this would work on a 300?

CANON C-8 TELE CONVERTER 1.6X Lens **As Is** #R015b
Martin Duffy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders